Wednesday, July 6, 2011

welcome to CrayonBox

Hey everyone. Lately, I've been feeling restless about things. Everything to be exact: where I will be going to school, how to get a job in this small town, remodeling my house, revising my diet and exercise plan, my career goals and how to acheive them. The list goes on. I decided to create crayonbox as an outlet for my restlessness, somewhere to share what i'm passionate about.
          To kick off, I want to do a post to introduce myself.

That's me on the right, with my sister, Chelsea, at an orchestra concert.
             My name is Breanna VanBuren, i'm 19 years old, and I have a twin sister who I am very close to. I recently moved from the suburban town of Waterford, Michigan to the incredibly sleepy town of
Big Sandy, Tennessee.  Let me tell you, it's a giant change.  It is relaxing, though, I'll give it that. There's more time to chill out and enjoy your surroundings.

              I love animals. my pets are the only thing keep me sane. They just have so much personality, they make me laugh atleast 7 million times a day.
   

I love a good workout. Pilates, Yoga, you name it, i've tried (and loved) it. I'm constantly trying to find new ways to workout, but because of the distance from civilization, I don't really have the means to try out a new class here and there. So I walk (almost) everyday, which is excellent because there are so many hills. Also, I've officially sold my soul to TurboJam, it's that good. I've had the program for two years now and I don't think I will ever be sick of it.

I am a HUGE believer in the power of music. I've played the bass and cello for eight years, and firsthandedly have seen the benefits of being involved in the performing arts. It's insane what music education supports. It greatly improves self esteem, AND raises test scores. As for listening to music, I
like anything from classical to rock. I grew up listening to everything from miss Britney Spears to Metallica, and love it all.

Lastly, I am such a girly girl. I love make-up, nail polish, hair, and fashion. Oh my gosh, I could go on about that stuff forever. That's part of the reason I decided to create this blog and I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.