Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pretty Quick

Happy saturday everyone!! This is a super simple look that I do if I don't have very much time to do my make-up or are to lazy to go "all out". Its just your basic taupe eyeshadow and pinky-nude lip color look that takes about 5-8 minutes total.


I prepped my skin by using the Proactiv system, finishing with their Daily Oil-Control Lotion as a primer.

Step 1. buff a mineral foundation onto your skin with a dense, full coverage brush. I used BareMinerals foundation in medium tan. It's a great product for summer because its so light on the skin but still covers imperfections.  seriously, this stuff is the best



Step 2. apply a peach cheek stain to the apples of your cheeks. don't go overboard here, a tiny bit goes a loonngg way (you can skip this step if you're rockin' a sunburn). I used Tarte Natural Beauty cheekstain in Bliss. At $30, its kinda pricey but, If you invest in one of these little guys it will last you FOREVER.

Step 3. dust a translucent finishing powder over your entire face. It evens out anything that isn't blended and stops shine. A great one is BareMinerals Original Mineral Veil. It feels so light and airy, it's almost refreshing.
Step 4. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, take a shimmery light taupe eyeshadow and apply it evenly to the eyelid from lashline to crease. My favorite is Bare escentuals eye color in Drama, this stuff goes on perfectly whether you apply it wet or dry.
Step 5. using an oversized concealer brush, apply your highlighing shade (a gold shade if you're more olive toned, a champagne shade if you're a cooler tone) to beneath the brows, blending any sharp lines. I used Bare Escentuals eye color in Queen Phyllis, a good shade for fair gals would be Cultured Pearl by the same brand.

 Step 6. Use a clean crease blush to blend the shade on your lids with the one beneath your brows into the creases for a seamless transition


Step 7. using a black eyeliner, line your top lashline just enough to define the lashes. The eyeliner I used was Almay Bright Eyes liner/illuminator in Soft Black


Step 8. Apply 3 coats of mascara to your lashes. I know, I know, it sounds like alot of mascara, and it is, but it really makes a huge difference in lash size and fullness. If you want, curl your lashes first. I don't feel the need because my lashes are naturally pretty curled. For this step, I used three different types of mascara: Revlon Double Twist mascara in black, then Rimmel Lash Accelerator in black, and lastly, Maybelline NY XXL Pro "24 Hr Bold" in very black.

Step 9. To finish the look apply a nude lip color to your lips. This step doesn't have to be intricate, just apply and go. To ensure lipstick doesn't get on your teeth, stick your  thumb in your mouth, close your lips around it and pull it out. Simple. The shade I used was Revlon Super Lustrous Lipcolor in Just Enough Buff.

Super simple, right? It's summer time, ladies. lets get out and enjoy it, and if that means not spending so much time on our look, whatever. even so, that doesn't mean we can't look polished and pretty. We can acheive that with just a few products and about 5 minutes, all the time we need.