Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Have a Confession To Make...

...I am addicted to the blog, CrunchyBetty.com. So much so that, about a week and a half ago, I decided to go "No-Poo". Meaning that instead of washing my hair with shampoo and conditioner, I use a mixture of baking soda and water as shampoo and a mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar and water as conditioner. Yes, it sounds gross and you may think that I've spent the better part of the last two weeks hiding my hair in shame, but really, it's been really to keep it up AND my hair has never looked better. Take a look.


before



after (almost) two weeks


 

 Not only is my hair clean, it is soft and smooth, with much more volume (pay no mind to my grown out color). Also, my hair is less brassy and my ends feel much healthier. I definitely think I am going to keep this up.

         If any of you lovely ladies want to follow suit here's what you need to do:
    •  mix 2tbs baking soda with 1 cup water
    • mix 3tbs ACV with 2 cups water
    • Every three days, wash your hair with the baking soda solution, massaging it into the scalp, not the hair, then rinse your hair with the ACV solution (don't worry the Vinegar smell goes away after the hair dries).   
    • don't get discouraged, your hair may freak out during the first 2 weeks because it's not used to not having the chemicals coating it. It will calm down, you just have to give it a chance.
    • lastly, enjoy your newfound healthy, and shiny, hair :)