Thursday, July 14, 2011

Run. Don't Walk to the Nearest Drugstore.

When you think of summer, what comes to mind? After barbeques, and pool parties, and the beach and camping? How about smooth skin? I know it's high on my list.
If it's high on your list too, I implore you to pick up some of this lovely stuff on your next trip to the store. Behold, Amlactin. It's a super moisturizing lotion that also exfoliates, leaving skin super soft and glowy. One of the key ingredients in Amlactin is lactic acid which is a natural exfoliant found in milk. It's like using a scrub without the effort, and if you suffer from Keratosis Pilaris (chicken skin like bumps and dry skin) this is a life saver. I like to increase it's effectiveness by using a scrub beforehand, it's my favorite skin "treatment" to do for a spa day. I even put a little on my face from time to time when it's dry or dull, but I only recommend it if your skin isn't sensitive, because it might irritate it. Also, at about $20 a 14 oz. bottle, it's not the cheapest lotion out there, but it is good. So, are you going to give it a try? do you have a beauty product you swear by? If so, explain in the comments below.